The Friends of Lake James State Park is a non-profit organization dedicated to:
- Fostering conservation, education and recreation efforts in support of Lake James State Park.
- Assisting Lake James State Park in preserving and protecting its many natural, cultural and scenic features.
- Assisting Lake James State Park in providing quality recreational and interpretive experiences.
- Boat Camping Project; partially funded, purchased equipment including rebar driver and auger
- Stand-up Paddleboards; purchased two for rental fleet and one for lifeguard use
- Funded instructor for Waterfront Safety training for lifeguards
- Linville Overlook picnic area
- Assisted with Overmountain Victory Trail 2 construction
- Holly Discovery Trail; partially funded and dedicated, annual funding for upkeep
- Park of the Year celebration
- Sponsored night rides on mountain bike trails
- RiverFest Sponsor
Board Members: Eric Jenkins (P), Robert Hunter (VP), Michael Sewell (S), Randall Conley (T), Annette Bryant (Membership), Brock Hall, George Milner, Greg Norell, Molly Sandfoss, Alan Scholl, Jeff Stark, Jim Williams
To contact The Friends of Lake James State Park group, email firstname.lastname@example.org
mail Friends of Lake James State Park, Inc. P.O. Box 1327 Nebo, NC 28761